More and more of us find ourselves back in a dating world that has changed tremendously over the past decade. Even though it seems to be all about Facebook, Tweeting and texting — some things — like self respect and values — are still the same.
Here are some of our favorite tips from the Advice community on dating successfully after age 50.
1. First and foremost, take good care of yourself — and be patient. The one you are waiting for could be right around the corner.
2. No dating anyone you could have given birth to.
3. Don’t play by those “dang” dating rules.
4. Keep yourself busy instead of sitting around and waiting for “the one.” In other words, live a full life.
5. Take things slow and really get to know one another.
6. Look for a partner than can be themselves, flaws and all.
7. Keep a good sense of humor and be happy — good energy attracts all sort of wonderful things.
8. A little flirting goes a long way!
9. Have no expectations. Look at that first date as just an opportunity to get to connect with someone new.
10. Don’t look at a potential partner as the “end all be all.”
11. You will be more interesting to a match if you have a diverse range of hobbies — so get out there and try something new.
How to Encourage a Guy to Get the Hots for You
Is Online Dating For You?
How to Write a Love Letter
10 Perfect Natural Boobs