Flirting is definitely one of the best ways to get from Point A (lonely single) to Point B (hot date) in the least amount of time, but how do you begin?
Remember that practically everyone is nervous about approaching others, but at the same time excited when others approach them. Use this knowledge to act with confidence as you strike up a conversation with somebody who you find attractive. Since most people are nervous and clumsy when they start talking with somebody new, it might be easier than you think to rise above the crowd. Try these tips to avoid stumbling over yourself, and you’ll be surprised at how effective you can be! And one thing to note, that there is always a fine line between flirting and teasing. So, it is imperative for the person who is indulging in flirting to watch his/her steps and proceed very carefully.
· Practice. This might sound strange at first, but it can do you a world of good to stand in front of a mirror and observe how you look and sound when you start a conversation. You might feel a little silly talking to yourself, but this is a key step in overcoming your self-conscious feelings. Having practiced your openers will add a huge amount of confidence the next time you have an opportunity to try one of them.
· Keep in mind where you are. When someone you’d like to flirt with is nearby, take stock of the situation before approaching. Are you at a bar, a cocktail party, the mall, your workplace? Your location will have the biggest effect on the kind of behavior that will be considered appropriate. Flirting works best when used in a relaxed atmosphere.
· Take your time. Acting desperate will ruin whatever chance you have before you even begin. Don’t obsess over a single moment or detail. Relax, and approach the conversation normally. Start off talking about neutral topics before moving into riskier territory.
· Stay calm and cool. The trick here is figuratively the same as if you were climbing up a tall building—don’t look down! Get lost in the conversation and have fun, instead of agonizing over every sentence. If you make a mistake, acting as though it is not a big deal is what will allow you to recover quickly. Panicking is what will throw your game off.
· Don’t give up. If you aren’t getting much of a response from one person, you can easily move on to another without beating yourself up about it. Or if you have your heart set on a particular guy or girl, stay relaxed so that you can feel comfortable approaching them later. Now is not the time to become self-conscious and self-defeating. Act confident, and people will be happy to be around you.MORE ARTICLES ON DATING.DRZP.ORG
Interracial Dating: Meeting the Parents
How to Talk to a Pretty Girl
How to Have a First Date at Home
What most women do before a first date